I have made these once before and they were ehh, they weren’t amazing but I still ate them anyway. I always wanted to try to make them again because sometimes I’m craving that Peanut Butter/Chocolate combo and I’m really not a fan of the OG Peanut Butter Cup. So I tweaked the recipe a little bit and let me tell you… these are amazing! I will let you in on one warning though, they melt in your hands really fast..so eat ’em up super quick!
This recipe only makes about 4-5 PB cups, which I think is perfect if you are craving something sweet, you can even share them with family, but this way you won’t over indulge!
Healthier Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 3 TBSP nut butter
- I used 1 TBSP Creamy Peanut Butter & 2 TBSP Almond Butter: I like the creaminess from the PB but the nuttiness from the Almond Butter- but you do whichever you like!
You will also need:
- Cupcake liners
- Muffin pan
- medium bowl
- Combine cocoa, coconut oil (melted), & agave in a bowl.
- Line your muffin pan with liner.
- Scoop about 1 TBSP of your chocolate into your cupcake liners– I like to bring some chocolate up around the sides so that when I put the peanut butter in, it just sits in the middle.
- Pop your chocolate filled muffin tin in the freezer for about 5 minutes. Just enough for the chocolate to set so when you add the peanut butter they won’t mix together.
- Take them out after a few minutes and put about 2 tsp of peanut butter right in the center. Return to freezer for another 5 or so minutes.
- Again, take them out of the freezer and top with enough chocolate to cover the peanut butter. I like to tap the muffin pan on the table to smooth out the chocolate. Return these to the freezer one last time, just to let the whole thing set.
- This should not take long since the coconut oil hardens at room temp. I left mine in the freezer for about 15 minutes and they were perfect.