This was one of my favorite comfort foods growing up. I used to love when my Mema would make this on a winter Sunday. Ahh all the cozy feels. She actually just made it a couple weeks ago and I obviously did not have any, although I was cravinggg it.
If any of you fellow vegetarians/vegans feel my pain when it comes to comfort foods from when you were a child, don’t you worry because I have a treat for you!
I literally threw this together in less than 15 minutes with everything we already had in the house. I used my Mema’s original recipe and just adjusted a few things to make it vegetarian friendly !
Homemade Macaroni Soup
- 1 lb. box of elbow noodles
- 1 lb. ground crumbles
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 TBSP oil of your choice (I use olive or coconut)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small white onion
- 1 14 oz.can diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 14 oz. can tomato sauce
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Salt & pepper to taste
This is a one-pot recipe in my house, so I use a large soup pot and do everything in that!
- In a deep pot start cooking your crumbles in the oil (follow the directions on your package)
- Dice the garlic and onions, add them to the oil.
- Dice the peppers and add them to your pot. Add your s+p – let this cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add you tomatoes, tomato sauce and vegetable stock. Simmer until warm.
** you may need to add more vegetable stock if you think your soup is too thick.
This recipe is so so easy and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! I hope you enjoy and let me know some of your favorite childhood recipes! Talk to ya lataaa