First off: Hello! Sorry for all of you who actually read my blog (hey Jaylynn) I know I haven’t posted in forever but I’ve been so so busy lately and in the middle of [trying to] move! I promise regular posts will be coming back at ya shortly.. but for now, let’s talk about carbs!
Lately I have really been trying to make more low sugar, low carb meals. And this one my friends, oh this one is a winner. A lot of veggies are carb free or have very little carbs, eggs are a stable in a low carb diet. As for the feta; there are carbs in feta, but not very much. Especially in this recipe where we’re only using a few tablespoons! This recipe is for a single serving, so if you’re feeding more people.. or you’re just really hungry, up the measurements.
Low-Carb Eggs & Veggies Go-To
- 2 Eggs
- 5-6 grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 medium green pepper
- 1/4 cup spinach
- 1-2 tsp oil of your choice (I use olive or coconut)
- 2 TBSP Feta Cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chop up your spinach, dice your pepper and quarter your tomatoes to your liking
- Heat up a pan with your oil, add all veggies and sauté. Add s+p.
- While your veggies are cooking, crack eggs in bowl and whisk.
- Once veggies are soft, I pour the eggs straight into the pan and scramble everything together.
- When eggs are cooked, plate and add crumbled feta on top.
This has become not only a breakfast go to for me, but I eat it all the time, especially on weekends! I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you try it! Talk to ya lataaa